- Work with Glenda Ritz to
address the challenges and opportunities that face Hoosier students,
teachers, and schools.
- Work to maintain local control
- Safety &
- We must work to keep our communities,
public spaces, and schools safe.
- Work to make Hoosier schools
the envy of the world.
- Work to make college free for
students that maintain a B average and work within our state after
- Likely by utilizing tax
breaks, or other means, we can keep Indiana's best and
brightest in the state.
- I believe that
curriculum must be set based on student need and ability. The
one size fits all methodology pushed by the Governor hurts our
children. When my son was a little behind, he needed to read books
on his level to improve. My little girl is in the 5th grade but
reads on the 10th grade level. One size does not fit all!
- We need to ensure we have
qualified people teaching our children.
- We need to do a better job
recruiting minority teachers and administrators.
- Public education is a civic
obligation not a "consumer choice." Public schools belong to
the public. They are the foundation of a strong economy and a free
- Work to close the achievement
gap across various socio-economic and demographic populations.
- It should be about the kids in
our community, not lobbyists and politics in Indianapolis.
- Tough child protection laws
that keep monsters in prison for life and away from our children. We
should never again suffer a repeat offender.
- Strengthen the Middle Class
- I will personally recruit
businesses to come to our community.
- Work to ensure any tax relief
targets the middle class.
- Raise the minimum wage.
- Fight for Equal Pay for Equal Work.
- Work to increase industry in
- Support the right to
- Encourage the support of
Indiana businesses and the purchase of Indiana made/grown products with a
"shop Indiana ad campaign."
- Through our State
Universities, make Indiana a research and development hot spot.
- Rebuild and redesign our
state's infrastructure. This puts people to work, and helps ensure future
- This includes advanced broadband
access to every community.
- Vigorously oppose any action
that will take more money from our middle class families.
- Work to support free enterprise
and the rights of property owners.
- Work to strengthen the housing
and commercial property market.
- Through tax breaks, grants,
and low interest loans we can improve the look and energy efficiency of
our States private property. This will strengthen the market, increase
revenue, reduce cost and help the environment. A win for
- Prevent the unjust taxation of
Indiana farmers through the use of the soil productivity factor.
- Help make
the Indiana farmer energy independent!
- Through tax breaks, grants,
and low interest loans we can help every farmer in the State reduce the
cost of operations by securing their own clean, renewable sources
- Reform tax increment financing
statue (TIF) to allow for the expansion of broadband that will benefit
rural areas. Ensure TIF can be used to pay for infrastructure
improvements that will benefit our regions farmers.
- Ensure enforcement of robust
- Support measures to rein in
- It is time to decriminalize Cannabis! I have decided to formally support the medical and industrial use of marijuana. We need to create more jobs in our area. Hemp can be utilized in the making of textiles, paper, paints, cosmetics, foodstuffs, insulation, fuel, and countless other items. Marijuana's therapeutic properties have been found to treat a wide range of issues, including neuropathic pain. I also feel it is time for the legislature to hold hearings and debate the decriminalization of the drug altogether. I would like to see all tax revenues and proceeds from the cannabis industry go to support Indiana's public schools and our volunteer firefighters.
- Every Hoosier deserves a
secure, healthy and dignified retirement. Indiana's seniors have
earned their Medicare and Social Security though a life time of work and
- Social Security must not be
- We must work to reduce the
cost of living for our seniors.
- Make it easier for veterans to
start businesses in Indiana.
- Work to protect anguished
families from funeral protesters.
- Work to ensure we have NO
homeless veterans in Indiana.
- Work to form an effective
partnership between the public, profit, and non-profit sectors to help
Veterans with PTSD or other disabilities
- I support every individual's
right to marriage or civil union.
- Work to ensure the Civil
Rights of every citizen is protected.
- Work for the people of our
district by encouraging constituents to contact my office when they need
- Ensure the rights of hunters,
fishers and anyone that enjoys our State's natural resources.
- When my son was born and money
was tight, I remember feeding my new family with venison. Whether
for need or just the pleasure, everyone has the right to responsibly use
our State's resources.
- Work to ensure a rich supply
of clean air and water for our citizens.
- Strongly support ownership of
guns by law abiding, emotionally balanced, citizens.
- Understand that our
environment is among our most precious resources; in terms of tourism,
economic expansion, and quality of life. We are entrusted to pass on this
resource to the next generation
- Reduce the cost of Government
through Performance based Management
- Using proven private sector
techniques, such as LEAN, to
- LEAN: A continuous
improvement system used in the private sector by companies like Ford
& Toyota. It seeks the involvement of employees to eliminate
waste and add value. LEAN provides a structure to fundamentally
rethink how an organization operates.
- Work to establish a state
continuous improvement team (Kaizen Team) to support the development and
implementation of continuous improvement. The team will leverage a small
number of highly skilled staff to create a common framework and develop
capacity for an ongoing process improvement program based on the “Lean”
- Use oversight to promote a
culture of continues improvement. Doing more with less, is
something I have learned to do in the private sector and it is possible
in State government as well.
- Going Green to reduce cost and
- Rather than the traditional
incremental increases government organizations normally use, every budget
item should be completely justified and grounded in both need and cost
benefit to the community.
- Courteous, Professional
Service. Comment cards and/or an online complaint registry system
should be established. This will help make Indiana's government
more responsive. Increasing the likely hood business will be done
Want more specifics? You've got it. Send an Email with your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
or check us out on Face Book or YouTube.